Become a Board Member
LiteracyNow Board members play a vital role in raising the money it takes to train tutors and to provide individualized tutoring sessions. The members of the Board come from diverse backgrounds and bring a wide range of experience, talent and knowledge to the organization.
We are always looking for qualified and talented Board members.
These are the characteristics valued by our Board.
How many are a good description of you?
- Passionate about what you believe in
- Goal oriented with strong commitment to achieve what you set out to accomplish
- Active in your community – church, business, social, or other non-profit organizations
- Talent in organizing, training, technology, finance, marketing, or other professional area that could benefit our cause
- Able to devote the time necessary to plan and implement fundraising projects and events.
If you can see yourself in these descriptions and you believe strongly in the benefits of developing literacy in our community, consider applying for Board membership.
As a LiteracyNow Board member you will be responsible for:
- Learning the Board operations and procedures
- Supporting the mission of LVCC and Literacy Now
- Committing to a term of three (3) years
- Attending meetings and actively participating in committee assignments and projects
- Encouraging others in the community to support fundraising events
- Implementing fundraising strategies through a variety of methods, including using personal influence
- While not required, Board members are encouraged to personally support fundraising to the extent they are able
For more information about Board membership or to speak with a Board member, contact LiteracyNow at info@LiteracyNowSouthJersey.org.